Home school Applicants
Thomas University Admissions Policy for Home School Students:
Each of the following must be submitted to the Office of Admissions:
1. An application for admissions with required non-refundable fee ($35)
2. Transcripts of home school course work or GED Certificate
- NOTE: If studies are done through a formal home school program, this record should be an official transcript of the program. If the program is crafted by parents or others, a detailed account of subjects studied, texts used, and other required reading should accompany an evaluation of the student’s performance in specific areas. High school credits must include the following:
- English 4 credits
- Math 3 credits
- Natural Science 3 credits
- Social Sciences 3 credits
**If the home school transcript does not meet the above requirements, a student can be considered for admissions with a minimum SAT score of 430 critical reading and 420 math.
3. Copy of the Declaration of Intent to Home School as filed with the local school board.
4. Take the university placement test administered by the admissions office.