Almanacs and Facts
- Almanac of Higher Education
- Provided by the Chronicle of Higher Education. The Almanac is published annually and attempts to gather key data about the most important trends in higher education.
- Astronomical Almanac
- The Astronomical Almanac is a joint publication of the U. S. Nautical Almanac Office, United States Naval Observatory (USNO), in the United States and Her Majesty's Nautical Almanac Office (HMNAO), United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO), in the United Kingdom. The printed version contains precise ephemerides of the Sun, Moon, planets, and satellites, data for eclipses and other astronomical phenomena for a given year, and serves as a world-wide standard for such information. The online version extends the printed version by providing data best presented in machine-readable form.
- Farmer’s Almanac
- The Old Farmer's Almanac has been published annually in print since 1792 and is released in September of each year. The digital version contains much of the same information including tide tables, sunrise charts, planting charts, forecasts, recipes, and more. This is a commercial site containing many ads; however it is a reliable source of information.
- CIA World Factbook
- The Central Intelligence Agency publishes, maintains, and continuously updates this massive resource. The Factbook contains a great deal of information about "266 world entities", including historical, economic, cultural, geographical, military, and infrastructure facts and summaries. A number of excellent maps are also available.
- Library Spot Almanacs
- A collection of web sites that link to almanacs
- Info Please Almanac
- A general almanac of information and factbook covering history and government,
biography, arts and entertainment, health and science, business and
Copyright © 2014 Thomas University | 1501 Millpond Road, Thomasville, Georgia 31792
Phone (800) 538-9784 | Fax (229) 227-6888