Nutrition: Processed Foods vs. Unprocessed Foods Research Start Guide
Robert Kenner (director). Food Inc. Magnolia Pictures. 2009. Media DVD HD9005 .F66 2009. Closed Reserve (see circulation).
- Documentary about the US food industry. DVD includes additional resources.
Koplan, Jeffrey, Catharyn T. Liverman, and Vivaca I Kraak. Preventing Childhood Obesity: Health in the Balance. National Academies Press, Washington, DC. 2005.
Altman, Tracy A. FDA and USDA Nutrition Labeling Guide: Decision Diagrams, Checklists, and Regulations. Lancaster, PA. Technomic, 1998.
- Food, Culture, and Society: An International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research
- Nutrition in Clinical Care
- Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition
- Nutrition Bulletin
- The Open Nutrition Journal
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- Environmental Nutrition
- Food and Nutrition Research
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition
- Journal of Nutrition Education
- Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Better Nutrition
- Food and Nutrition
- Topics in Clinical Nutrition
- Nutrition Journal
- Food and Foodways
- Nutrition Forum
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Nutrition Today
- International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition
- Family Economics and Nutrition Review
- Food, Nutrition, and Agriculture
- Current Nutrition and Health Forum
- Journal of Health, Population, and Nutrition
- Nutrition News
- Nutrition and Health
- Peer-reviewed. Available through Ebsco (via Galileo)
- The ERS Food Consumption database includes three distinct but related data series on food and nutrient availability for consumption. The data serve as popular proxies for actual consumption. Data are now provided through 2008 at the national level.
- Analysis of US food consumption trends, dietary patterns, and the relationship between food intake and nutritional/health outcomes. Also includes data systems and resource recommendations.
- Use online or download a pdf. Nutritional content of 7,538 foods. Searchable.
- Search for a particular food by item or food group. Calorie and nutritional content.
- Use the MyPyramid Tracker to assess your food intake and activity level. Register for a free account.
- Non-profit. Study of food and: economics, addiction, nutrition & obesity, agriculture, industry, marketing, law, public & government policy, family & communities, schools. News, policy reports, legislation database, blog, lists of publications, additional resources.
- Michael Pollan is the John S. and James L. Knight Professor of Journalism at UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism, and the director of the Knight Program in Science and Environmental Journalism. He is a widely published and respected author of both articles and monographs on the subjects of food and culture. His website includes articles, blog entries, and links to informative and authoritative website and information sources for research in food and nutrition.
- Non-profit. Stated "goals of promoting the interdisciplinary study of food and society". Publishes Food, Culture and Society. News items, Food Studies Links, members listserv.
Pollan, Michael. "You Are What You Grow." New York Times Magazine. April 22, 2007.
Adam Drewnowski. Various articles via Galileo. Perform an author or keyword search for "Drewnowski, A." or "Drewnowski, Adam" in either Galileo or any database. Use the dynamic tools to locate articles by co-authors, etc.
- Nutrition policy -- United States
- Health promotion -- United States
- Obesity -- prevention & control
- Health promotion -- methods
- Food industry and trade -- United States
- Food industry and trade -- Quality control
- Food prices -- United States