The following scholarship listings are offered outside of Thomas University. Please carefully review the qualifications and requirements for any scholarship before applying. Be sure to submit the required information by the appropriate deadline associated with the scholarship.
National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents Scholarship Contest
The National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents (NAEBA), the organization of real estate professionals who advocate for buyers, has announced the creation of a scholarship program. $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to two individuals who can best demonstrate with a short video why a smart consumer should use an Exclusive Buyer Agent when buying a home.
The scholarship contest is open to all individuals who will be enrolled in a U.S. accredited post-secondary institution during the Fall, 2013 session regardless of major or degree program including those attending accredited post-secondary trade or technical schools. According to NAEBA President Michael Byrd, "Just as Exclusive Buyer Agents will help any buyer purchase any home, we wanted our scholarships to be available to anyone seeking a post-secondary education."
Video entries are being accepted immediately through May 31, 2013. Starting June 25, 2013, the public may vote on their favorite and the top 40 finalists will be reviewed by a NAEBA committee. The two winners will be announced on July 31, 2013. For full details or for an entry form, click here.
BrainTrack Nursing Scholarship
Awards: Winner - $1000 & Runner up - $500
This scholarship helps current students pay for their education in the nursing field. Entrants must respond to essay questions that are geared toward helping people evaluate nursing as a potential career path.
- Must have at least one semester of credits towards graduation with an appropriate degree in nursing (undergraduate or graduate)
- Must be enrolled in one or more relevant classes at the time of the entry deadline
- May be enrolled either part-time or full-time
- Must be a U.S. citizen, have permanent resident status, or have an appropriate student visa
- May be enrolled in an on-campus and/or online program
- May submit only one entry every 12 months
Winners will be selected based on the creativity, focus, overall thoughtfulness, accuracy, and practical value of their responses to essay questions.
Application: Click here to apply online.
Deadlines: November 1st & March 1st
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Awards: Amounts vary by scholarship
- Be of HIspanic heritage
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have plans to enroll full-time in a degree-seeking program at a 2- or 4-year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2012-2013 academic year
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Other requirements may vary by scholarship
Application: Apply online at https://apply.hsf.net/applications/
Scholarships are available for different categories of students:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student
- Community College Transfer Student (transferring to a four-year college/university)
- Graduating High School Student
- Gates Millennium Scholars
Deadline: Varies by scholarship
Dr. Mark Coppage Nursing Scholasrship
Awards: Up To $5000
This scholarship is open to undergraduate nursing students who represent some of those outstanding human qualities for which Dr. Coppage was so well known. An applicant should fill out the coppage Application and address the following four topics in easy form and submit to Mark Coppage Scholarship Committee, C/O Betty Castellani, Department of Pastoral Services, DeKalb Medical, 2665 North Decatur Rd., Suite # 130, Decatur, GA 30033.
- Discuss your commitment to making a difference in your community and your concern for humanity as evidenced by your acts of caring for others.
- Discuss how you see your ability to balance medical, academic model of learning while stressing the compassionate nature of medicine.
- Discuss how you see yourself as a leader.
- Discuss the attributes you posses that resemble the qualities exemplified by Dr. Mark Coppage.
Deadlines: October 1, 2012
Army Corps Nursing Scholarship
- College Board
- College Scholarships
- College Xpress
- eCampus Tours
- Fast Aid Scholarship Search
- FastWeb Main Page
- FinAid: The Smart Guide to Student Financial Aid
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation (includes information on other military-related scholarships)
- Nursing Scholarships
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing - various scholarship options at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Campus RN - browse alphabetically through various nursing scholarships
- Discover Nursing - scholarship search for nursing scholarships
- Minority Nurse - scholarship search for minority nursing students
- NursingScholarship.US - browse nursing scholarships by different categories; includes other useful links
- Online Nursing Degrees - browse various nursing scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Scholarship
- Scholarships4School.com (includes tips to help with the scholarship review process)
- SRN Express
- Student Scholarships
- UNCF-administered Scholarships
- Wired Scholar