Applicants must be accepted and in good standing as a student in the graduate program supporting the assistantship.
Work Hours in Exchange for Tuition
- 15 hours for 15 weeks (one semester) -- 225 total hours for 9 credits’ tuition remission
- 8 hours for 15 weeks (one semester) – 120 total hours for 5 credits’ tuition remission
- Applicants must complete the Graduate Assistantship Application by each semester deadline – November 15 (for spring) and July 20 (for fall).
- Applicants submit application to Financial Aid who will forward all applications to the graduate program division chair for his/her selection for each semester. The selected student is subject to a criminal background check.
- Graduate assistants may receive the assistantship a maximum of two semesters.
Graduate Assistantship Duties
- Assistantship positions are designed to provide the student with a meaningful work experience in the field of study while enabling and/or supporting a division project or initiative. Duties and responsibilities are described in assistantship position descriptions posted each semester.
Graduate Assistant Supervision
- The division chair or a designated faculty member is responsible for supervising the graduate assistant.
- Supervision is aided by required submission of a task list and work hours log given to the supervisor by the end of each month of the semester.
- The supervisor will complete a mid-term evaluation to ensure that the graduate assistant is meeting the assignment objectives, as well as an end-of-semester evaluation providing summative documentation of the work accomplished, its quality, and timeliness.