Route A: 2 + 2 Online Option
The Medical Laboratory Science program at Thomas University offers the 2 + 2 Online B.S. Degree Program.
The 2 + 2 track is an online bridge program to a B.S. degree in Medical Laboratory Science designed for the medical laboratory technician who has previously earned an associate degree from a NAACLS accredited MLT/CLT program and holds current MLT certification. To achieve junior status at Thomas University, the student must complete approximately one semester of core courses (online and included in the program). Students are accepted each semester. Once accepted, students will begin a structured curriculum that includes online courses and supervised clinical experience. Students graduating with the B.S. degree in Medical Laboratory Science from Thomas University will be eligible to sit for the national certification examination at the Medical Laboratory Scientist level.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR OUT-OF-STATE APPLICANTS: Every state government regulates whether universities located in other states can enroll students in online programs. This process is called “state authorization.” Some states do not allow their students to enroll students in online programs at outside universities at all; other states charge the outside universities high fees to enroll even one student from that state. For this reason, Thomas University may not be able to enroll students from outside Georgia in every online program we offer. We accept students from as many states as possible. Please contact Admissions at email@example.com or 800.538.9784 ext 1114 to find out if your state is authorized for Thomas University.
Students must be admitted to Thomas University AND the Medical Laboratory Science Program.
For admission to the University, provide the following to the Office of Admissions:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission
- A $35 non-refundable application fee
- Provide official academic and financial aid transcripts from ALL colleges and/or universities previously attended. These transcripts should be sent to: Admissions Office, Thomas University, 1501 Millpond Rd, Thomasville, GA, 31792. The Registrar and MLS Program Director will determine transferability of the courses.
For admission to the Medical Laboratory Science Program, the following criteria must be met:
- Completion of an Associate degree from a NAACLS accredited MLT/CLT program with a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Copy of current MLT/CLT certification by a recognized national agency (ASCP, AMT)
- Employed as an MLT/CLT
- Completion of the 2 + 2 Clinical Support Letter by the student’s employer (from a medical lab manager of a lab of sufficient size to meet requirements)
- Completion of the MLS Route A: 2+2 Application Packet
Note: Conditional acceptance may be granted for applicants without certification or employment as an MLT/CLT. If a student is not employed as an MLT/CLT AND MLT/CLT certification is not obtained before the last two semesters of the curriculum, students will be diverted to the B.S. degree in Biomedical Science.
Students will receive a letter from the MLS Program Director stating official acceptance into the MLS Program.
Once accepted, the student or the student’s employer will be required to submit the following:
- Completed physical exam document.
- Immunization records to include the Hepatitis B vaccination (or signed waiver form)
- Proof of a current PPD (TB test. Must be within last 6 months of admission)
- Drug screen
- Criminal background check (within 6 months of admission).
*Clinical Support: 2 + 2 Students must use their employer as a clinical site and the facility must meet program criteria. Should a student change his/her mind about the clinical facility assignment after starting the program, or change employers, it is the student’s responsibility to acquire another clinical affiliate that meets the program criteria and is willing to host them.
The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Additionally, this program is accredited by: National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS) 5600 North River Rd, Suite 720 Rosemont, IL 60018-5119
(773) 714-8880 www.naacls.org
For more information, e-mail TU Admissions or call 800-538.9784 ext 1114 or 229.227.6925
Thomas University has been approved by the State of Georgia to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. http://www.nc-sara.org/states/GA