Marine Corps Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (COOL)
In an effort to assist service members with obtaining industry certifications and licensures relative to their Military Occupation Specialties, the Marine Corps now offers a pathway to credentialing. For service members working in specialized career fields, obtaining a professional certification assist with promotion and can open doors to immediate employment upon leaving the armed services.
Who is Eligible to use the COOL Program?
- Active Duty service members (Enlisted)
- National Guard and Reserve service members
Paying for Your Credential
There is a cost associated with obtaining a certification and/or licensure. In addition to the fees assessed by the respective credentialing body, exam preparation and training may be required. In some cases, fees and training cost can be covered by Marine Corps Tuition Assistance or the GI Bill
- GI Bill: The GI Bill covers licensing and certification, as well as supplemental education and training. The GI Bill will reimburse $2000 per exam, CEUs and fees for retesting. For additional information on how to use your GI Bill to cover licensing and certification, please visit the following link http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/docs/pamphlets/lc_brochure.pdf
- Marine Corps COOL: The Marine Corps COOL program will cover the cost of membership, application, exam and recertification fees.
Process to Apply for COOL
Select the appropriate credential that aligns with your MOS and complete the Voucher Eligibility Tool. If you meet the eligibility requirements, the next step requires you to apply for an exam voucher through the Marine Corps’ Credentials Program Office. Please be aware, vouchers are on a first-come, first-served basis, and funding is limited. For additional information on the COOL program, please visit the following link http://www.cool.navy.mil/usmc/index.htm
COOL Certifications Training Programs at Thomas University
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
Cyber/IT: All training programs listed below are aligned with the Department of Defense Directive 8140 (DoDD 8140 replaced 8570)
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA Security +
- CompTIA A +
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)