The Dual Enrollment program provides dual enrollment opportunities for students who are enrolled at participating eligible public, private, or home school program in Georgia. Participating students take postsecondary coursework for credit towards both high school graduation and postsecondary requirements. The program is offered during fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Eligibility for Georgia Residents
To be eligible for the Dual Enrollment program, a student must:
Be enrolled in the ninth, tenth, eleventh or twelfth grade of a private or public high school in Georgia or a home study program within the State of Georgia operated in accordance with O.C.G.A. §20-2-690(c);
Be admitted to an eligible, participating USG, TCSG or Private postsecondary institution as a dual credit enrollment student;
Be enrolled in courses listed in the approved Dual Enrollment Course Directory;
Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the eligible postsecondary institution.
* High school students who attend a non-participating high school (non-Georgia high schools and certain private schools) may apply for dual enrollment. These students will be billed at the dual enrollment rate and will be responsible for tuition and fees.
Why Dual Enrollment at Thomas University?
Student centered Small class size Transferrable credit University setting
High level of student and teacher interaction Private liberal arts education
Regional accreditation Diverse student population
Tuition and fees
- Tuition, books and certain fees are covered by the Dual Enrollment program
- Dual credit enrollment hours taken at a postsecondary institution, under which dual enrollment payments have been made, are not counted as attempted-hours, nor included in the combined paid-hours limit.
Application requirements for Dual Enrollment at TU
- Dual Enrollment application – complete online at www.Gacollege411.org
- Thomas University admission application
- High school transcript
- Test scores – Acuplacer, SAT or ACT (To be admitted, students must meet the minimum score in either Math or English)
Math SAT 450, ACT 17,
English SAT 550, ACT 19,
Need help getting started with Dual Enrollment? Contact the Office of Admission at 229.227.6925 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Been admitted to TU and need assistance? Contact Cheval Breggins, Dual Enrollment Advisor at 229.226.1621 ext.1054 or by email at email@example.com