Are you a high school senior who wants to earn a bachelor’s degree in Biology?
Thomas University has a new grant program that could help you achieve your goals.
15-17 students will join a cohort that begins a bachelor’s degree program in Biology beginning Fall 2018. Students will live on-campus and, in addition to their coursework, will:
- Receive a scholarship for this program.
- Participate in field trips, including national conferences with other participating schools.
- Interact with scientists from around the country.
- Be assigned peer and scientific mentors.
- Receive a laptop computer as part of the program.
To qualify, students must:
- Be a 2018 high school graduate.
- Have an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Be PELL eligible.
- Admission Process
- Submit an Application for Admission
- Submit “in process” high school transcripts
- Provide A 500 word essay that describes your background, career aspirations, and leadership within your community, and how these three attributes have shaped your STEM identity.
- Provide a recommendation from two STEM faculty at their high school.
All admission packets will be reviewed by the committee.
Students should be prepared to participate in an interview process with faculty.Interviews are tentatively scheduled for week of February 26, 2018.