Thomas University to celebrate Homecoming Week Oct. 21-27
Alumni from across the nation and around the globe will be at Thomas University for the annual Homecoming Week celebration Oct. 21-27.
Festivities begin on Monday, Oct. 21, with an opening ceremony followed by a cookout on the Main Campus from noon to 1:30 p.m. Each day of the week will feature different activities for alumni and current students, including a movie on the green on Tuesday, a chili cook-off and street dance on Thursday.
“Homecoming is a time to connect the past with the present,” said Joseph Newborn, Director of Alumni and Foundation Relations. “Returning alumni will have the opportunity to celebrate the growth of their alma mater, and current students will experience Thomas University’s traditions. We have a whole week of activities planned, some new and some old, culminating in the reintroduction of Men’s Basketball to Thomas University. Join us in the festivities for Thomas University’s “Spirit Rising” Homecoming celebration.”
The highlight of the week will be the annual Homecoming Alumni Recognition Dinner on Friday, Oct. 25, at the Thomasville Garden Center. The dinner will include the presentation of awards including the inductees to the Alumni Wall of Fame, the Distinguished Alumni Award, the Distinguished Young Alumni Award and the Ambassador’s Award. Also during the dinner, graduates from 1963 will be inducted into the Pioneer Society, which honors alumni who have celebrated the 50th anniversary of their graduation. Tickets to the dinner are $30 for individuals or $50 for a couple and must be purchased in advance.
For more information about Homecoming Week activities or to purchase tickets, visit www.thomasu.edu or call (229) 227-6903.
Thomas University Homecoming 2013
- Monday, Oct. 21, noon-1:30 p.m.: Opening ceremony followed by cookout, Main Campus
- Tuesday, Oct. 22, 7:30 p.m.: Movie on the Green featuring “White House Down,” West Campus
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, 7 p.m.: International Day, TU Residence Hall
- Thursday, Oct. 24, 6 p.m.: Spirit Rising Party featuring Chili Cook-off followed by street dance, West Campus
- Friday, Oct. 25, 6:30 p.m.: Alumni Awards Dinner, Thomasville Garden Center
- Sunday, Oct. 27, 2 p.m.: Inaugural Home Game for Men’s Basketball Team, Night Hawk Gymnasium, West Campus