Employment at Thomas University
Thomas University is always seeking faculty and staff committed to excellence. We welcome applications of those who bring dimension and expertise to our students and administration.
Position openings at Thomas University are listed below. Use the application link below or contact our Human Resources Department for further assistance.
Open Job Positions
Administrative Assistant to Academic Programs
Thomas University is seeking a full-time administrative assistant to provide clerical and program support to the Divisions of Nursing and Criminal Justice. The applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office in creating professional documents, such as letters, reports, newsletters, and spreadsheets using Word, Publisher, Excel, and Access; must demonstrate the ability to carefully maintain paper and electronic student records using a database software system; must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong customer service skills, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail. Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Applicants should complete an application at www.thomasu.edu/employment and send a cover letter, resumé, and three written letters of professional reference to Samantha Brown, Administrative Assistant to Academic Affairs, Thomas University, 1501 Millpond Road, Thomasville, GA, 31792, or email materials as Word documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment Management Associate
Thomas University seeks an Enrollment Management Associate to support the areas of admissions, financial aid, and marketing. The position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the office as well as oversight of admission data entry, student filing system, financial aid document tracking, assessment lab maintenance and scheduling, and mailings. An associate’s degree is required with a minimum of two years’ experience in higher education and preferred Student Records System experience. Candidates should have the ability to effectively communicate in writing and interpersonally, possess problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
Applicants should complete the Thomas University employee application and send a cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of recommendation to Rita Gagliano, Thomas University, 1501 Millpond Road, Thomasville, GA 31792 or email materials as Word documents to email@example.com with “Enrollment Management Associate” in the subject line.
Student Activities Coordinator
Anticipated Start Date: June 6, 2016
Job Description: Under administrative direction from Executive Director of Student Life/Athletics, this administrator provides leadership and direction for the department; administers and manages the student activities program for the University; directs departmental operations; oversees the department budget; sets department goals; coordinates assessment efforts; trains and monitors student workers and event staff, and establishes expected outcomes and implementation strategies for the department. Under new federal guidelines, this is a non-exempt position.
- Organize and plan New Student Orientation making special efforts to include the needs of other departments and the other members of Student Life in every aspect of planning and implementing
- Coordinate and help develop Diversity programs and event for students as a member of the Diversity Committee
- Plan and coordinate Student Activities, events, including late night programming.
- Serve as the advisor to the Campus Activities Board (CAB).
- Supervise Student Activities and CAB events.
- Coordinate with the Admissions Team to insure smooth operation of the campus visits
- Coordinate special weekend/weeklong programs like NSO and Welcome Back Week
- Responsible for keeping track of the Student Life budget and work closely with the EDSLA to make sure resources are maximized.
- Works with Athletics to insure they are included in planning and implementing activities for all students.
- Work with the Student Life staff and CAB on the activities available on campus.
- Develop a Club Advisor Manual and train new advisors in their responsibilities to the club and the University
- Working and meeting with clubs and organizations to maintain and ensure clubs are meeting their organizational standards.
- Serve as the Campus Conduct Officer, hearing appeals from students from sanctions given by the Manager of Housing.
- Assist in all areas of Student Life.
- Weekend and Evening responsibilities.
- Other duties appropriately assigned as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Previous experience working in a University environment, and Orientation.
- Excellent people skills and a desire to make a difference in the lives of college students are essential.
- Experience managing budgets, planning student activities, and advising student groups will be a necessary skill in the position.
Please send resume, references, and other information to Pam Cook, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated Start Date: June 6, 2016
JOB DESCRIPTION Under administrative direction from Executive Director of Student Life/Athletics, this administrator provides leadership and direction for the department; administers and manages the student housing program for the University; directs departmental operations; oversees the department budget; sets department goals; coordinates assessment efforts; trains and monitors residential personnel, and establishes expected outcomes and implementation strategies for the department. Under new federal guidelines, this is a non-exempt position.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Manages the University's housing and residence life operations in the division of student development; provides fiscal management for department budget; supervises professional and support staff, ensuring efficient operations and programming, and ensures compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, standards, and laws.
- Evaluates and assesses University housing occupancy, retention, and projection trends; oversees the residential facilities to maintain a safe, secure, and healthy living environment; confirms that all room assignments and billings are completed and communicated to students.
- Develops and oversees residential communities that utilize best practices in student development and research to create engaging, learning environments as well as implements a variety of activities in concert with Student Life and Athletics.
- Ensures the security and safety of students; responsible for crisis and risk management.
- Establishes long range planning mechanisms; represents the department and establishes a collaborative relationship with the University departments.
- Negotiates financial agreements with outside vendors and related commercial enterprises.
- Is responsible for ensuring employees are adequately trained with proper oversight to ensure that University policies and procedures, laws and regulations are followed, laws and regulations are adhered to, and that duties are properly segregated for all financial and personnel processes.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of college student development
- Knowledge of residence life operations
- Commitment to supporting the needs of students from underrepresented populations
- Experience implementing programs and services geared towards meeting the needs of students from underrepresented backgrounds
- Proven commitment to providing leadership in enhancing an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory skills and abilities
- Organizational/Strategic Planning/Budget Management skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Ability to operate a personal computer and various software programs
- Resiliency under pressure, de-escalation intervention skills
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Previous experience working in a University environment.
- Excellent people skills and a desire to make a difference in the lives of college students are essential.
Please send resume, references, and other information to Pam Cook, at email@example.com
Faculty Position in Rehabilitation Counseling / Career Center Coordinator
The Division of Counseling and Psychology is seeking applicants for a full-time one-year faculty position. The chosen applicant will teach and advise students in Thomas University’s fully-online Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Studies program and oversee Master’s-level fieldwork courses beginning fall semester 2016. These programs involve dynamic interaction with students in the online and clinical fieldwork environments. This is a campus-based faculty position with online teaching assignments. Part of the assigned load is serving as the University’s Career Center Coordinator, responsible for offering career services to students, alumni, and community members through supervision of Master’s-level counseling student interns.
Proven excellence in teaching is required. Candidates must be adept in the use of instructional/online technology. In addition to teaching and advising responsibilities, full-time faculty members also serve on Division and University committees, support the community through professional engagement, and collaborate on research and grant opportunities.
Required qualifications: A master’s in Rehabilitation Counseling or a related field; CRC licensure; a minimum of 3-years’ experience in fieldwork supervision and in clinical rehabilitation and mental health counselling that includes vocational assessment. Thomas University is committed to diversity; rank, salary, and benefits are commensurate with experience.
This is a nine-month position, with possible summer employment.
Application deadline: April 18, 2016.
Applicants should complete an application at www.thomasu.edu/employment and send curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy, three current letters of professional recommendation, and all college transcripts to Dr. Dede Avery, Division Chair, Division of Counseling and Psychology, Thomas University, 1501 Millpond Road, Thomasville, GA 31792 or email Word documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President for Finance and Administration
Thomas University, located in Thomasville, Georgia, invites applications for the position of Vice President for Finance and Administration. Thomas University is a private, non-sectarian, coeducational institution committed to providing quality educational opportunities to both traditional and non-traditional students. The academic mission focuses primarily on professional programs with a strong liberal arts and sciences foundation. The University currently serves approximately 1,150 domestic students and 1,100 students in the Peoples Republic of China, with plans for continued growth and expansion throughout the region. The University offers associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) is responsible for providing leadership and management of the financial resources of the University, reporting directly to the President. The VPFA serves as a member of the President’s Senior Staff and is responsible for financial planning and analysis, leading the budgeting process, cash management and the management of institutional debt, and risk management. The Business Office, Campus Store, Information Technology, Buildings and Grounds, and Food Services report to the VPFA. The VPFA insures that timely, accurate financial information is gathered, analyzed, and presented to the President, the Board of Trustees, and division / department leadership. The VPFA must be an effective communicator for the University and a collegial member of the senior management team.
Essential Qualifications: The position requires a Master's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related field and extensive experience in a senior level financial management capacity, preferably in higher education. Preference is given for candidates with professional certification in accounting. Demonstrated expertise in strategic financial planning, financial analysis, asset management, debt financing, and accounting is required. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the community are expected.
Applicants should send a cover letter, vita, and names and contact information for five references to: Mrs. Chris Lyons, Director of Human Resources, Thomas University, 1501 Millpond Road, Thomasville, GA 31792, or email materials to email@example.com. Screening for the search will continue until the position is filled.
Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs
Thomas University is seeking an Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs to provide experienced leadership in a collaborative educational environment. Regionally-accredited, Thomas University offers graduate and undergraduate degrees with a strong foundation in the liberal arts. Our mission is to foster students’ personal transformation and professional readiness for the demands of a rapidly changing and complex world. Educational technology is integral to Thomas University’s engaged campus-based and online instruction.
This is a 12-month administrative appointment with faculty rank commensurate with experience. Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Provost, the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs provides leadership for curriculum, instruction, academic program assessment, and program management for eight academic divisions, the Library, Academic Technology, Institutional Assessment, Learning Support, and Disabilities Services. Key responsibilities include:
• Supervising planning, organization, implementation, administration, assessment and revision of the curriculum and instructional and academic support services of Academic Affairs to ensure program rigor and student learning.
• Assisting faculty in developing and implementing instructional strategies that utilize current best practices in learning theory through the range of delivery models.
• Coordinating the processes for administrative review of program learning outcomes for all academic programs, including General Education outcomes.
• Overseeing course rotation and class semester schedules that ensure efficient use of faculty resources and students’ timely progression through the Core Curriculum and programs of study for degrees, minors, and certificate programs.
• Coordinating and supervising all dual-enrollment programs for high school students.
• Coordinating development, maintenance, and implementation of articulation agreements with two-year institutions for students’ seamless transfer into the university’s associate and bachelor’s degree program.
The Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs is expected to serve as a leader on faculty and university committees, lead and pursue professional development, actively participate in community partnerships, and collaborate on program expansion opportunities.
Candidates must have an earned doctoral degree; teaching experience at the university level using a variety of delivery models; a minimum of three years in departmental administration and supervision in an academic environment; proven effectiveness at academic administration; recognition from colleagues as a leader and teacher; skill in facilitating teams and accomplishing projects in a collegial environment; experience utilizing a variety of technology applications; excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Thomas University is committed to creating an educational environment that promotes academic excellence and values diversity.
Thomas University is located in Thomasville, GA, a small, vibrant community in Southwest Georgia noted for its unique shops, wonderful restaurants, and quality health care. Thomasville enjoys a climate of short mild winters and beautiful spring, summer, and fall seasons and the white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico are just 90 minutes away.
Applications accepted for immediate review. Applicants should complete an application at www.thomasu.edu/employment and send curriculum vita, teaching philosophy, three current references, and transcripts to Samantha Brown, Administrative Assistant to Academic Affairs; Thomas University; 1501 Millpond Road; Thomasville, GA 31792 or email Word or PDF documents firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications considered for preferred June 2016 start date.
Sports Information Director
Thomas University, a member of the NAIA, located in Thomasville, Georgia, is seeking applicants for the position of Sports Information Director.
The sports information director will report to the Athletic Director and will administer the publicity of all 13 of Thomas’ sports teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing press releases, designing publications and pre/in/post-game graphics, along with compiling statistics and records for dissemination to all internal and external constituencies, including, but not limited to, the media, community and opposing teams. The sports information director will also be responsible for the maintenance of the athletic department's website and social media platforms. Additional duties as assigned.
The applicant should possess strong communication skills, both oral and written, experience with side-arm or other web page administration system, as well as familiarity with DakStats and/or Stat Crew in-game statistical programs. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Mac and PC computers, along with Adobe Creative Suite. Fluency in multiple social media platforms. Experience with Video and photo editing is preferred. Flexible schedule in order to work weekends and nights is required.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, sport management or a related field
1-2 years’ experience within a collegiate or professional communications/sports information/multimedia setting.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The screening of applicants will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. To apply, please submit, via email, a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and two writing samples to:
Associate Athletic Director
Faculty Position in Business
The Division of Business at Thomas University is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach and advise students in our undergraduate programs in Marketing, Management, and Accounting and/or Master of Business Administration program beginning August 2016. A doctorate in Business or closely related field is preferred; candidates with a Masters degree and teaching experience will be considered. Expertise in a variety of disciplinary areas will be considered. Candidates must be adept in the use of instructional/on-line technology and have experience in on-line course development.
The best candidates seek engaged teaching in a vibrant and cooperative university environment that fosters students personal transformation and professional readiness. In addition to teaching and advising responsibilities required in this 9-month position, full-time faculty members also serve on departmental and university committees, pursue professional development, participate in community partnerships, and collaborate on research and grant opportunities.
A complete application must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a teaching statement, three letters of recommendation, and transcripts, and the candidate must complete the Thomas University online employment application. Thomas University is committed to diversity and is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. Salary and benefits are commensurate with credentials and experience.
Please send application materials to Samantha Brown, Administrative Assistant to Academic Affairs; Thomas University; 1501 Millpond Road; Thomasville, GA 31792 or email Word or PDF documents to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Thomas University, IT Services, is seeking a qualified and experienced individual to support enterprise software, organizational databases, reporting requirements and users.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide application support for enterprise software.
- Develop, test, and document programs and reports based on specifications provided by the user or project team.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex tables and data files.
- Mining data and developing reports to provide users information.
- Develop custom reports using Crystal Reports or other approved software.
- Considerable skill in utilizing end-user software tools such as Excel, Access and SQL to analyze or generate reports.
- Program/system modifications, enhancements, and updates as required by the system vendor(s), or per customer request.
- Manage multiple project assignments and tasks concurrently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to work in a team environment.
- Work with vendors to resolve application issues and confirm resolution meets user needs.
- Document all processes and procedures as required.
- Ability to provide technical assistance, documentation and prepare presentations.
- Assist in developing best practices, policies, and standards for enterprise software management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. accredited institution in Computer Science or related field and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in database analysis, reporting, technical support or training. Applicants must have knowledge of data and business analysis techniques, relational database technology, database design, and data modeling techniques. Applicants holding a certification in Microsoft SQL Database Administration or Programming are preferred. Experience in Three Rivers CAMS ERP or Microsoft Dynamics within a higher education environment is desirable.
Please email resume with 3 letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position for Webmaster
Applications will be considered for an immediate opening. Please complete the application at www.thomasu.edu/employment and send cover letter, resume, three current letters of recommendation, and copy of transcriptsto Samantha Brown, Administrative Assistant to Academic Affairs; Thomas University; 1501 Millpond Road; Thomasville, GA 31792 or email Word documents to email@example.com.
Thomas University is seeking adjunct instructors to teach in the following areas of need: English, Geography, History, Microbiology, Developmental Writing and Reading, College Math, Developmental Math, Introductory Statistics, Physics, Physical Science, Sport Science and General Biology. Interested applicants must possess a minimum of a master's degree and 18 graduate credits in the teaching area.
In addition, the university is seeking instructors with an Education doctorate with PK-12 teaching experience in curriculum and leadership with familiarity in Georgia Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES) and edTPA. All applicants must be adept in online instruction. Instructors are needed for fully online, hybrid, and face-to-face teaching, as well as day, night, and Saturday classes. To apply for opportunities, please complete the Thomas University application at www.thomasu.edu/employment; send an email with the subject noting “Adjunct Interest” including curriculum vita, teaching philosophy, three current references, and unofficial transcripts to Samantha Brown, Administrative Assistant to Academic Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All electronic submissions should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Part-Time Accounting Instructors
The Division of Business at Thomas University is seeking dynamic professionals to teach Accounting to students in our undergraduate programs in Marketing, Management, and Accounting and/or Master of
Business Administration with a concentration in accounting program beginning August 2015 on an adjunct or pro-rata basis for the upcoming academic year (Fall/Spring/Summer 2015 - 2016).
A Ph.D. in Accounting is preferred; CPA is preferred. Applicants with a master’s degree in Accounting with significant work experience in the field will be considered. All applicants must be adept in the use of instructional/online technology and have experience developing and teaching in an on-line delivery model. Instructors are needed to teach both on-line and on campus.
A complete application must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a teaching statement, three professional references, and transcripts, and the candidate must complete the Thomas University on-line employment application linked at the top of the page. Thomas University is committed to diversity and is an affirmative action and Equal Opportunity employer.
Application deadline: June 15, 2015.
Please send application materials to Michelle Manning, Administrative Assistant to Business; Thomas University; 1501 Millpond Road; Thomasville, GA 31792 or email Word or PDF documents to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Thomas University China Programs
Faculty Positions in Nursing
Thomas China Programs is seeking faculty to teach in our innovative RN-BSN programs in China. Full-time, part-time, and visiting professor applicants are invited to apply for appointments of a semester or longer.
Thomas University holds approval by the Chinese Central Government to deliver a cooperative program for students at the following Chinese partner universities to earn TU's RN-BSN in China: Wenzhou Medical College (Zhejiang Province), Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Jiangxi Province), and Inner Mongolia University for the Nationalities (Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region).
Faculty will teach one or more of the following eight-week Thomas University RN-BSN courses at TU's Chinese partner universities:
- Professional Nursing Praxis
- Scholarly Writing
- Nursing Research & Evidence-based Practice
- Community Health Nursing
- Physiology of Aging
- Emergency Preparedness
- Ethical Issues in Nursing Practice
- Leadership in Nursing
- Womens Health
Thomas University is a private university located in Thomasville, Georgia, providing a dynamic learning environment for students earning associate, bachelor, and masters degrees. Our quality academic programs combine innovative learning models with highly-qualified and caring faculty to help students achieve educational goals in our regional, national, and global communities. Candidates for these positions seek a vibrant and collegial university teaching environment that fosters studentsâ€™ personal transformation and professional growth.
Thomas University is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges; the RN-BSN program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and fully approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing.
Applications are welcome from Registered Nurses who hold a Masters degree in Nursing from a U.S. or other Western college or university, and who are committed to quality nursing education. Applicants must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the United States. A doctorate in Nursing or a related field is strongly preferred.
Applicants who desire to become part of a leading-edge international Nursing program are requested to submit a letter of application outlining experience and qualifications that are relevant to the position; resume/CV; description of teaching philosophy; copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts; and the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of two professional references. Compensation is commensurate with experience and faculty housing in China is provided by Thomas University's Chinese partner universities. Please send application materials to Thomas University China Programs, attn.: TU China Programs Faculty Coordinator, as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Faculty Positions in Business
Thomas University China Programs is seeking faculty to teach in our innovative Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program in China. Full-time, part-time, and visiting professor applicants are invited to apply for appointments of a semester or longer.
Thomas University holds approval by the Chinese Central Government to deliver a cooperative program for students at its partner university in China.
Faculty will teach one or more of the following 8-week Thomas University BSBA courses at TU's Chinese partner university:
- Business and Social Responsibility
- Principles of Finance
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Money and Banking
- Principles of Marketing
- International Business
- Business Research Methods
- Sales Management
- Senior Business Seminar
- Cost Management I
- Cost Management II
Instructors are needed for an eight week term beginning approximately around February 2015 to teach Money and Banking and Principles of Marketing in Guangzhou, China.
Thomas University is a private university located in Thomasville, Georgia, providing a dynamic learning environment for students earning associate, bachelor, and masters degrees. Our quality academic programs combine innovative learning models with highly-qualified and caring faculty to help students achieve educational goals in our regional, national, and global communities. Candidates for these positions seek a vibrant and collegial university teaching environment that fosters students' personal transformation and professional growth.
Thomas University is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges; the BSBA program is fully accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
A successful applicant must be a native English speaker who holds a masters degree in a business discipline; a Ph.D. is preferred. Degrees must be from a U.S. regionally-accredited college or university.
Applicants who desire to become part of a leading-edge international business program are requested to submit a letter of application outlining experience and qualifications that are relevant to the position; resume/CV; description of teaching philosophy; copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts; and the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of two professional references. Compensation is commensurate with experience, and faculty housing in China is provided by Thomas University's Chinese partner university. Please send application materials to Thomas University China Programs, attn.: TU China Programs Faculty Coordinator, as an email attachment to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with background and experiences. Thomas University is an independent, non-sectarian institution located 35 miles north of Tallahassee, FL. Thomas University values diversity and is committed to professional education with a strong liberal arts foundation.