When assessing the quality of an educational institution, students should know about the institution's accreditation status.
- Thomas University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor and master degrees. The local office is in metro Atlanta at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4087: telephone number 404-679-4501.
- SACSCOC is the regional accreditor that ensures the quality and transferability of your credits and degrees and enables us to offer Federal financial aid. Search the SACSCOC database to see other excellent colleges and universities in the southeast who are SACSCOC accredited.
- The Thomas University Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Master of Business Administration programs are accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), PO Box 3960, Olathe, Kansas 66063.
- Thomas University is authorized by the Professional Standards Commission of Georgia to offer early childhood, middle grades, and secondary grades teacher certification.
- Thomas University’s program in Medical Laboratory Science is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 5600 North River Road Suite 720, Rosemont, Illinois 60018-5119, phone: 773-714-8880, www.naacls.org.
- The RN-BSN program is fully approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing and is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, phone: (404) 975-5000. Thomas University is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education to offer the RN to BSN program in the state of Florida (#3447).
- Thomas University’s Master of Science in Nursing, Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education, and Graduate Certificate in Nursing Administration programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, phone: (404) 975-5000.
- The Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling is accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education.
- Thomas University’s program in Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Accreditation/Program Expansion Timeline
1984- Thomas Community College received accreditation as an associate degree granting institution.
1986- Became Thomas College
1990- Received accreditation as a baccalaureate degree granting institution.
1998- Received accreditation as a master’s degree granting institution.
2000- Became Thomas University