A TU Snapshot
TU faculty chose Thomas University because of their commitment to teaching and scholarship in a small private university environment.
TU employs 52 full-time faculty with three additional administrative/staff members holding faculty appointments. Of those, 27 hold a doctorate or the terminal degree in their field.
Thomas University also employs approximately 77 current adjunct faculty, 21% of whom hold a doctorate while many others hold specialized degrees and Certifications/Licensure such as Nurse Practitioner, Education Specialist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Rehabilitation Counselor and Medical Laboratory Scientist.
Thomas University Professor of the Year:
- 2008-2009 Dr. Karl Barton, Associate Professor of Music
- 2009-2010 Dr. Bei Zhang, Associate Professor of Biology
- 2010-2011 Dr. Kim Cribb, Associate Professor of Nursing
- 2011 – 2012 Professor Bill Milford, Assistant Professor of Social Work
- 2012-2013 Professor April Penton, Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education
Student profile Fall 2012
Total enrollment: 1,124
70% in-state, 25% out-of-state, 5% international
Total undergraduate enrollment: 894
Student/faculty ratio: 6:1
Average class size: 13
Average Age of Degree or Certificate Seeking Students (Only):
Graduate students â€¨
Total graduate enrollment: 230
Percentage of full-time fully online students: 26%
Percentage of residential students: 16%
Percentage of commuter students: 58%
The percentage of students from racial and ethnic minorities at Thomas University is comparable to that of four-year state institutions.